The first day of new 2012 year and the first Visit with Kavka. Today we're in Rotterdam, where my dear friend Agatka (from Rafa Kids) created her beautiful home. She lives there with Arek (her husband) and two lovely, little boys: Franek & Robert. Agata and Arek (both architects) adapted the shop for their dream house. Great idea don't you think? It's 80 m2 big with wonderful garden (140m2) where they can relax and kids can play in. What more can I say? Just come inside and look around :-)














10 questions – 10 answers:
1. How do you describe your house style?
I will say simple and modern with a bit of loft and industrial atmosphere. 
2. You like your home because...
It is really made by ourself… from a sketch on my desk through hands of my husband and family. It was great to design all different  elements of it: a cupboard in the kitchen, library , bench in the living room and at the end a bunk bed for our sons. I like so much the open floor plan, high ceiling, big windows with a lot of light and the flexible and adoptable space which make us happy here. I just wish we could stretch it like 100m2 more! 
3. Have you got your favourite designer or just love things of their beauty?
There is so many inspiring people and things I find beautiful!  But  I will be always faithful to Jacques Herzog. Really charismatic and gifted architect whose way of working and thinking I adore.  Recently I like designs of Scholten & Baijings, the minimalist touch and the use of colors is so interesting. 
4. Whose house do you love or admire?
I really like Scandinavians houses - one of the top will be for example a house of Finnish designer Tuula Pöyhönen. The unity of house and working space is there so great!
5. Your most favourite colour...
Black and gray to wear, white in space and recently the colors and patterns of marimekko designs. 
6. What's your dreamy place to live?
One day I would love to have a loft apartment in NY. 
7. What a wonderful evening means for you...
Going out with a friend. Have a good talk, a delicious food and enjoy a inspiring movie or concert. 
8. Your most inspiring book/movie/music...
I wait all year long for the Rotterdam Film Festival in January. My last discovery was  talented  Xavier Dolan - great sense of humor and an amazing eye for details. I like also films of Lars von Trier , Alejandro González Iñárritu or Polish Urszula Antoniak - psychological dramas - I am really into it! I am a moody person so one day I will enjoy listening to Adele, the next day I will have an evening with Nick Cage, some other simply dance with Faithless. I have a feeling that nowadays I am reading only children books and cooking recipes ;-) 
9. Your most favourite thing is ...
A cup of good coffee. 
10. When you do not work...
I am all for my kids and husband.
Agatka – thank you so much for inviting us to your beautiful house!
-------------------------------------------
all photos made by © Agata Seredyn
more about Agata you can find here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top