My first choice of clothing when traveling to a city like Cartagena de Indias, Colombia's largest tropical port, would be to embellish myself in only Dries Van Noten and Stella McCartney's sophisticated prints.  When that may happen, I don't know!  Until then, I am happy with shopping at Top Shop this summer.  I paid a visit yesterday to do some shopping for our trip to the wall surrounded city next week and I loved the beautiful prints on their understated British styled pieces.  I was even happier when I saw their price tags.  Here are my picks to pack when going to a city where heat is the norm.  Enjoy!

 
 Necklace, hat, Missoni scarf, Tory Burch sunglasses, black top, shorts, Hermes ottomane, skirt, stripped top, caftan.  Last but not least it's a good idea to pack a few hair pins. 
When it comes to skin products, in a city like Cartagena where average temperature year round is 32 C and humidity is the daily bread then I don't really want to be using too many of them.  But  anyone over 30 must likely will need some coverage. After my layers of serum, I swear on Skinceuticals physical fusion UV defense SPF 50.  It's almost as light as water with a café-con-leche tone that gives just the right coverage.  For the body I can't replace my Shiseido Ultimate sun protection lotion SPF 50+  The fact that this product, while actualizing its formula, has been in the market for years, speaks millions to how good it is.  I also love Jack Black Performance Remedy SPF 45.  Beautiful eyelashes can get you far in life, They're real by Benefit are the best I've found.  One application can give you a natural look, apply some more and you have thick and separated lashes.  Perfection!  Then only and because eyebrows don't sweat and there's little that needs to be done when you have a pair of respectable eyebrows, I opt for Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for brows and eyes.  I only use the powder and forget about the rest in the package.   I can't live without blush and to cover that department no one does it better for me than Nars.  It’s shade Torrid goes a long way.  Sugar lip treatment SPF 15 in color passion is my only option lately. 




 

 Stella McCartney
Dries Van Noten
top three images via Cartagena Looks pinterest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top