I like to customize everything I buy. Even if it is an Ikea kitchen cabinet. My husband is always asking me why I like to complicate things. Well, it's not that I like to complicate, it's just that I think that customized items and furniture are more interesting and special than those we purchase off the shelf. Customization doesn't always have to be expensive or done by professionals. We can do it ourselves by upgrading little details that can make a huge difference. For example, I like this cozy kitchen corner display (top image) that usually only custom-made cabinets have. But we all can get this look easier than we think. I put together a sample board showing how this can be done. First, you need two or three open cabinets, you can do this by removing the doors. Then, cover the interior of the cabinet with a wood grain wallpaper, install the china plate display that you can get here. This display can be cut to fit any length of open space and it comes in different colors. Add a few hooks from the lower shelf ceiling and hang a few of these very cool cups. Add accessories to decorate and you are all set. Try to incorporate different textures and colors like colorful plates, small porcelain bowls, cast aluminum salt and peper, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top