During my holiday in Sri Lanka I heard Geoffrey Bawa's name for the first time. It was because I stayed in the hotel designed by him. The hotel was marvellous. I wanted to see more works of Bawa. It appeared that there are some beautiful places designed by him. I visited two of them: Lunuganga and Brief Garden (designed for his brother), here you've got pictures from that beautiful places. Lunuganga is the place where he lived and now you can stay there! I'm very impressed by talent, attitude to designing and taste of Bawa (he was a layer at the beginning, and became an architect later). You can read more about him here. Have you ever heard about this architect (maybe you've got more pictures of others of his work) - if you have, please give me a sign ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top