I believe that when there are children in the house the approach to decorate a house is based on safety more than anything else. Things like rounded corners instead of pointed ones, easy access to toys and keeping lower kitchen cabinets locked among other things are to be considered. But i also think there is a fun part that should be included when decorating a home with kiddos. Especially because personalized and unique homes could lead to creativity and individuality in your child. Things like stencils, geometric wallpapers or just a chalk wall would be a great way to inject that fun part in a home. I love all these images below and one thing I know for sure with a cool house like one of these below your kid will be the coolest kid in the block.


two top images via Vogue Living Australia.
Kelly Wearstler's grand foyer

Melbourne Fashion Institute Le Louvre via Vogue Living Australia.

I've been taking a class on Decorative Arts after 1800's and I have to say that even when I'm not a big fan of Cubist influenced paintings I've being strongly influenced by Stijl's style and its ideas of universal unification that makes me seriously think about doing something crazy with my foyer walls based on this particular style. Perhaps it would not be only horizontal and vertical lines, but would be a little bit more curvy here and there in a more monochromatic scheme.

A Theo van Doesburg painting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top