After spending a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and giving thanks for all the great things in our lives, we enjoyed a delicious meal and the good company and snacking around every time we go into the kitchen. Sometimes the simple fact of being in good company is the greatest reason to be grateful. I want to thank you personally for being my amazing readers and for being with me all this long. I thought that these two spaces evoke an atmosphere like the one expected on a Thanksgiving weekend. Amazing how two different spaces from two separate homes can share the same ambiance all due to the amount and position of natural light coming in. I like how these two spaces show the importance of natural light and how it can create the appropriate atmosphere, two main elements to consider when selecting materials and color to decorate a home. Usually warm colors rather than pastels work better in these types of rooms with strong afternoon sunlight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top